Do you wonder that TikTok has reshaped social platforms? The platform has rewritten the world with its videos. The amazing app enables individuals above 18 to make and share short video clips. The videos are tall in sizes such as on Instagram and Snapchat stories. All you need is to swipe up and down for new videos. The individuals who make videos on TikTok use various tools and filters allowing youngsters to stay engaged on the app for a long time. the free to use application is used worldwide for many reasons so if you also want to be a part of TikTok, select from the extensive range of popular song clips, sounds, or other moments of TV shows.
Are you ready to get featured on TikTok? Dig in to learn how to use TikTok.
It`s time to get famous
The one of world`s popular app is filled with videos in which people are dancing, doing stunts, acting, or performing lip-syncing. All you need is to scroll up to watch the latest and new videos. Even if you are a casual user of TikTok, it is good to know how to get started on TikTok for your first video. But remember, you need to have a fast internet connection. To check how fast is your internet connection you can do a speed test unifi and it will show you how fast is your connection.
1. Set up the account
To set up your account, you have to download the TikTok app from Google Play or App Store. After downloading the app, you need to open it and get started with the signup process. The instant sign-up can be done with Gmail, Twitter, or Facebook or you can choose any username or password.
2. Set up the profile
After logging in, you will see a feed of videos. Just tap on the icon at the lower right with a person outline and edit the profile by tapping on Edit profile and entering your details. Add proper bio or username in the information which will be visible to other people. You can link up your TikTok profile with Instagram or YouTube. Linking the profile to other social platforms is good to advertise the business or for marketing purposes.
3. Stay Engaged
After setting the profile, go to the first tap that enables you to watch the video feed. If you haven’t followed anyone or you do not have followers, the app will show you random videos. As soon as you begin following people, the feed will show content according to your interests.
4. Enjoy the videos
If you like any video, just tap on the heart at the right horizontal corner or tap on the speech bubble to comment on the video. To share the video, press the forward arrow and see the sharing options. All of the symbols are located horizontally on the right side of every video.
5. Search for videos
- To search the specific video, tap on the magnifying glass and type the keyword. You will see various videos and accounts below the search bar. You can also find the users by scanning the TikCode. TikCode is great for people or various brands who promote on their TikTok channel or other social platforms. TikCode is great if you want to add any friends in person.
- To find the TikCode of your profile, Go to your Profile and tap the icon in the right top corner with four squares.
- To scan the TikCode of another person, just Go to the search tab and tap on the scan button with four brackets next to the search bar.
- The scan screen will open instantly. Hold it up to the TikCode to scan. The scanning will begin instantly and you do not need to press other buttons. Within seconds you will have a successful scan and the person`s profile will be visible to you.
6. Posting on TikTok
The center tab on the TikTok app opens the camera mode. Just face the camera in the optimal direction and tap the Flip icon. There are many icons on the right side of the screen such as
- Speed icon records the video in different speed
- Beauty icon enables to put AR filter which hides blemishes and smooth the skin
- Filter icon lets you change the filter color
- A timer allows setting a countdown even if you want to record hands-free
- Music and Effects
You will notice music notes in the center of the screen. Just Add a Sound by clicking on it. On the bottom, you will find an Effects icon that lets you upload the video if you have recorded it outside the app.
The Effects button will show you various AR filters and augment the face as well as the surroundings. All you need is to pick a video and use a filter on it.
Under the camera, there is a black bar that lets you set a time limit for the video and helps to create a photo slideshow.
7. Video recording
Recording the video is easy. All you need is to press and hold the record button in red color allowing you to record the video or in sessions. The recording in the TikTok app lets you record in various segments as well so all you need is to press and hold the button when you are ready for a shot.
Users can also use the timer for prep ups before the recording session.
8. Add the caption
When you will complete the recording, just add the musical overlay, use filters or other effects. You can use stickers or even text on your video. Pres Next and you will be directed to a page similar to Instagram where you can add hashtags, captions, and other account handles. Video privacy, comments option, duets, reactions, and other options will be available. To download the video to your gallery, click on Save to Album. If you want to post it later, press the Drafts button and save it.
Also Read: Some High Speed Internet Routers
TikTok surely seems odd at the beginning but it is a great tool that helps to spread awareness and keep the younger audience engaged for a long time. A great social platform is best to get started with the filming. Following are the few tips and tricks that help to create engaging and unique posts.
- Do use special effects in every video. This helps to zest the video and attracts an audience. So, keep on experimenting with the special effects.
- Do embrace music because all of the videos have some sort of song or special sound effect in the background.
- Do try to make videos with multiple shots. The videos with multiple shorts seem more active and interesting.
- Be wise to embed a good sense of humor in videos because people use TikTok to get entertained.
- Never miss a challenging video and use trendy captions or hashtags so that people can find the content easily.
- Follow other brands to stay in touch with their methods and trends. Videos by other brands will help you to get ideas and develop your strategy.
So, you have learned how to use TikTok with the above-mentioned tips and tricks. Get sign in and you won’t face any issues while navigating the app because it is easy and user-friendly. Make sure to submit the masterpieces and gain popularity in a short span.